SHIELD-HIT12A is a Monte Carlo particle transport program which is modified for heavy ion particle therapy. It was forked from SHIELD-HIT in 2008 with the aim to modernize and implement new features, increasing the applicability for medical physics.
1st June 2018: Release v0.7.3
- Resolve very rare issue of particles turning backwards being scored twice. (#284)
- Fix typos and clarify text about 2D rifis in manual. (#283)
- Fix "invalid detector" message when working with TRACE scorer (#281)
12th December 2017: Release v0.7.2
- Add timer option, to let SH12A run a specified number of time. (#270)
- Add interrupt handlers. Ctrl+C will now write results before exiting. SIGUSR1 will also trigger write on Linux systems . (#60)
- Differential LET scoring (DLET) reimplemented to use actuall stopping powers rather than dE/dl (#267)
- Bugfix: bad density leading to occasionally crash when scoring particles not being transported (stoppers). (#271)
6th October 2017: Release v0.7.1
- Bugfix: fix a few segfaults which occurred e.g. when running on the Prometheus cluster.
6th October 2017: Release v0.7.0
- Scorer: change DLET and TLET scorers to improved algorithm, see documentation for more info. (#258)
- Scorer: add new experimental radiation quality scorer "Q". (#260)
- Add example script for submission on SLURM clusters. (#256)
- Bugfix: running on ArchLinux may have generated corrupted header data in .bdo files. (#265)
- Bugfix: Momentum spread for beams heavier than protons was calculated incorrectly. (#257)
17th March 2017: Release v0.6.0
- Scorer: switch to new and much improved .bdo format. Users should upgrade to recent pymchelper version as well.
- Bugfixes in voxel transport and scoring.
10th December 2016: Release v0.5.0
- Logging: All log-output is now collected in a single logfile called shieldhit.log
- Logging: shieldhit.log now contains information on date, user and host (Linux only)
- Options: new -s option added which will suppress any output to standout of logfile
- Scorer: legacy scoring system was removed, WRITEFILE card not supported anymore
- BEAM.dat: new card NEUTRFAST for toggling neutron transport > 14.5 MeV
- Bugfix: resolved segfault when trying to use SH12A in directory with no write permission.
- BDO: removed old bdo2txt. Users must install pymchelper instead found on https://github.com/DataMedSci/pymchelper
22nd November 2016: Release v0.4.0
- Add DDD detector support for CYL
19th September 2016: Release v0.3.2
- Add support for isotropic beams using the BEAMDIV card.
- Options: Increase max path and filename lengths from 128 bytes to 4096 bytes.
- Options: Fix bug when using -g option.
- DOCs: Fix not showing version number.
7th September 2016: Release v0.3.1
- CT data: fix bug for low neutrons encountering Sodium
- PLANE scorer: check configuration, give clearer error messages.
- Compiling: SH12A now also compiles on Scientific Linux CERN 6.8
- DOCs: Fix spelling mistakes. Encourage user to use pymchelper instead of bdo2txt
16th July 2016: Release v0.3.0
- Experimental particle transport in CT cubes. Please test it and tell us of issues and benchmarks :).
- GEOMAP for visualizing geometries
- convertmc script for simpler handling of output from simulations
- new command line options
- Much faster medium initialization at startup
- [undocumented] New experimental dose-averaged and track-averaged LET scorers. They are called DLETG and TLETG, but may replace the old DLET and TLET soon.
This work was supported by the Danish Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.dk